How To Install
Download the correct installer for your operating system
- Double-click the installer, and complete the prompts. Be sure to restart apps like Zoom, Teams, Chrome, Firefox, for the installation to complete.
- Check that your firmware version is compatible with this version of Lumina. For Beta 17 and above, we recommend firmware version 220629 which you can download below. \
Note: If you’re on a work computer with programs like Carbon Black or Sentinel One installed, 2.2 may be blocked, please try Lumina Studio App 1.20 instead!
Release 2.2 Notes:
- Command + W on MacOS or Control + W on Windows to close Lumina window (does not shutdown application)
- Default value ranges showing on sliders
- Color card improvements
- Multi-monitor crash on Windows
- Unresponsive app after waking up from sleep on Windows. Now, the Lumina Studio App will detect wake-up from sleep and close the preview automatically to reboot. The user needs to Open Preview again to see the image in the app.
- Better app performance on Windows
- Minor bug fixes
How To Update Firmware
We recommend plugging your Lumina directly into your computer for firmware updates, docks, adapters, and monitors can interrupt communications and cause hardware failure.
Step 1: Download the 220629 firmware file from here. Download Link
Step 2: Open Lumina App > Settings > Advanced (bottom) and select the
.src file you just downloaded.
Step 3: Ensure no apps or browsers are using the Lumina camera or mic. Be sure to close the video preview.
Step 4: Once completed, you can click this button to start the firmware flashing process. This usually only takes 10-20s and has a simple loading indicator.
Step 5: Wait 10s once the process is complete, and open your Lumina Preview to test the new camera.